Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nice guys...

It's interesting to me how widespread the use of Nice Guy to refer to a particular type of guy is. I have coworkers who use the phrase (with obligatory scare-quotes as they say it), and it's the sort of phrase that's come up on other websites I visit.

The Annals of Online Dating is focused on Nice Guys today, and a particular quote jumped out at me. On one guy's profile he's talking about what he wants in a woman:


She has to understand that men do the things they do and say the things they say becasue they are men and not becasue they are douchbags, meaning I believe in a monogamous relationship and I practice it, but I am a man.


...
I'm... not sure what that means.
Men do the things they do because they're men?
Well, alrighty then.

No comments: