Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We're just days away, now...

I'm flying out tomorrow for Boston, to attend this year's WAM! conference. It's going to be a huge event, and there are tons and tons of awesome, awesome people attending. I'm really looking forward to the chance to meet and network with some of the really amazing bloggers and feminists that I read about, and I'm also really looking forward to the chance to present. As I believe I mentioned on here before, I'm presenting with Naomi Clark, on video games and gaming culture. Honestly, I'm terribly nervous, but also very excited. I'm really looking forward to seeing what other people have to present, and to getting a chance to speak about my love of video games and the importance of feminism to changing gaming culture.

Anyway, if you're going to be there, or if you're in the Boston area, you should let me know- I'd love a chance to meet and talk with people, and I'd love to start building a bit of a network. Particularly if you're even remotely interested in gaming. Not only would it be nice to help further the serious discussion of what feminists can do about gaming, but it'd be good to get a chance to find people who game. =)

Also: Sorry about the light posting lately. Apparently, I'm a little slow to blog in '08. I got all of my college applications in, and I'm preparing for to move to a new state, and I'm trying to get my work for the conference finished, and etc, etc. Which is to say, it's a busy time.

How is everyone else doing? Is it a busy time for one and all?

No comments: